University of Greenwich
King William Building – Room 102
Linux is an extremely popular Operating System that runs on a wide range of devices from supercomputers to mobile phones. There is always high industry demand for people with good Linux skills.
The course will show you how to perform key administration, networking, performance and security tasks for a generic Linux system.
This course closely follows the LPIC-1 syllabus, it will provide additional support for those delegates working towards the LPIC-1 Linux Server Professional Administration certification.
This is an intensive four day practical course to be held on 5th and 6th June, then the following week on 12th and 13th June, 10am – 5pm each day. 10:00 – 17:00. Tea/coffee will be provided.
- System Architecture
- Linux Installation and Package Management
- GNU and Unix Commands
- Devices, Linux File systems, File system Hierarchy Standard
- Shells, Scripting and Data Management
- User Interfaces and Desktops
- Administrative Tasks
- Essential System Services
- Networking Fundamentals
- Classes are small, allowing plenty of scope for questions and discussion.
- Hands-on experience of up-to-date tools
- Linux skills enhance many ICT Job Roles; Developers, Administrators & Engineers
Who is the course for?
- The course is suitable for those who have taken the Linux Essentials course or have some prior knowledge of Linux
- This course closely follows the LPIC-1 syllabus, it will provide additional support for those delegates working towards the LPIC-1 Linux Server Administration certificate.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Telephone: 0208 331 7688
What’s the refund policy?
The University of Greenwich reserves the right to cancel a course up to 14 days before an event and all payments received will be refunded in full to delegates.
A delegate can cancel their registration up to 14 days before the event and received a full refund. If the cancellation is received between 7 and 14 days before an event the delegate is eligible for a refund of 50%. If the cancellation takes place less than 7 days before an event the delegate is not eligible for a refund.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
The name on the registration must be the name of the attendee. If the named delegate cannot attend the course they should contact the event organisers at no later than 7 days before the course to discuss any changes. It is at the discretion of University of Greenwich as many courses cannot be transferred to other participants due to stipulations from the associated course body.